Sunday, December 25, 2011

Light a candle....


I have to say that I felt that I was doing pretty good going into this second Christmas without Steve. Pretty good until our church service tonight. As we lit candles my pastor talked about the darkness that many people face in their lives, and boy have I faced darkness. There were times when I know that the devil had a hold on my heart, but then there was light. I hurt for all those people out there that don't see the light and hope that Jesus has for us. You see my tears are for a few reasons, one being that I am no longer building that faith with Steve, but mostly because of how many people just don't get it. They focus on the negative and forget to look at all the blessings they do have in their lives...they truly don't see and "light" in their lives.

I am not a strong person, but I am strong in my faith. The only reason I have gotten as far as I have is because someone has carried me. Truly how blessed I am this CHRISTmas. Let us all try and be a light in someones life this season.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I think you're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for and I think you are the "light" in the lives of several people...

    Chris Hagan

    ReplyDelete