
While this has been on my heart for quite some time, I haven't written about it because I didn't truly know where to start. So forgive me if this doesn't make sense. While going through this grief process there are many things that I miss about Steve, his smile,his beautiful blue eyes, his voice, his quirkyness, his touch. While there are somethings I can do to ease the pain there are some things I can't do and yearn for. I can watch videos to hear his voice, look at pictures to see his beautiful smile or watch Spencer for the silliness. But his touch is something I cannot find in anything left behind. The touch of my children's hugs are not the same as the hugs that he would give me. Sleeping with my children does not even compare to being next to him. So many things that I took for granted....the hug to make me feel safe and secure, the reaching over to hold my hand while he was driving, the shoulder rub while I was fixing dinner. I truly never realized how important the human touch was until I know longer had it....from the one I loved and the one who loved me.
So please learn from me, cherish the touch....for it can never be replaced.

Hi, Melissa! We don't know each other, altho I go to the same church as you do, and have mutual friends thru the school district, as well as my favorite hairdresser, Motty....Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much your blog & its raw honesty have touched me. It has really made me look at my blessings and my husband in a whole new light. I appreciate you sharing your story and your journey like this, as it has been educational, thought-provoking, and sometimes gut-wrenching. Bless you and the kids this Christmas season....
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder. You are still never far from my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteAlthough Duke is not passed away, I am feeling that same loss, I miss everything you said. Its very painful and I wish it on no one. You are still on my mind daily. Merry Christmas, Karie
ReplyDeleteJust so you know someone is reading and learning from your blog. This one got me right in the heart. Thanks for the reminders that we need to appreciate the little things. I gave Ryan lots of hugs after reading this.
ReplyDelete