
that can bring me to tears in a moments notice. There have been numerous times lately that I have been told "we will be thinking of you this holiday season". And trust me holidays are difficult, but when we focus on the traditions and spending time with family they are much more bearable than one would think. But truly it is the little things that bring me to tears. For instance, on Wednesday it was dress up day at Spencer's school. He decided he wanted to wear a shirt and tie...no problem...have the shirt and clip on tie...we are good to go, until the clip on tie breaks, and well it was too short. So Spencer decides he wants to wear one of Steve's tie, which brings a smile to my face. But also brought me to tears....not because it was Steve's tie, but because I have NO FREAKING clue how to tie a tie. Spencer "googled" it and was trying to teach himself. He ran out of time before he had to leave for school. I kissed him good bye and sent the tie with him telling him to find someone to help. The door closed behind him and the tears fell from my eyes. I sent him a text that said "So sorry I don't know how to tie a tie. Makes me sad as the best person to teach you never got the chance. Love you tons". So it's the little things that hurt the most, those things that catch you off guard and make you realize the huge hole that is left in every one's lives.
On a good note though, there are good people out there....thanks to Aunt Laura for finding a teacher at school to help him get it tied.

No comments:
Post a Comment