Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Spencer turns 15!!!




I am a little late on this post...it's been a crazy month to say the least.  On December 12th Spencer turned 15...It still amazes me that he can be this old and I often wonder if my mom feels the same way when my birthday comes around.

In honor of Spencer's birthday here are the 15 things that I love about him....

1.  His beautiful blue eyes....they remind me so much of his dad's eyes
2.  The quirky sense of humor...he can make me smile even when I don't feel like it..
3.  How he understands that while what he has endured in life, that others can learn from him and that he isn't afraid to share his feelings.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SH__RC6NaQ
4.  The text messages I get every morning telling me to have a good day...with all the silly emoticons.
5.  His new brace free smile
6.  That even when things don't go exactly as he had hoped, he learns from the situation and makes the most of it...trusting in God that he knows what he is doing
7.  That even when we don't get along he knows that I love him...but that I don't always like what he does, as he can quote this back to me....
8.  His musical talents...ummm got these from the Gouldsmith side for sure...
9.  His tender heart...especially when it comes to Sam.
10.  While he loves to tease and torment Sydney he would be the first in line to stand up for her and protect her.
11.  How he truly gets how important family is in life.
12.  How he does things to honor his dad's memory but understands that his dad would want him to be his own person.
13.  How he has to figure things out on his own, in his own time.
14.  How he can reach out and squeeze my hand to comfort me at just the right time.
15.  That he is SO excited that in a year he will get to drive....sniff sniff...

Spencer Cole, I love you with all my heart....I am so proud of you and fail to tell you this enough I am sure.  Love you to Neptune and beyond...Love you for always...

No comments:

Post a Comment