
Summer has truly started out better than I had anticipated. On Sunday evening we were invited to Celebration at the Station down at Union Station. It was a TOTAL spur of the moment thing, and for those of you who truly know me...I am NOT, I repeat NOT a spur of the moment person. Literally we stopped at Quiktrip grabbed dinner and a drink and headed out. Mom of the Year for dinner at Quicktrip. We hung out with good friends and listened to the symphony and then watched fireworks. It truly was an amazing time, a lot of healing happened that night! I came to realize that I can do things all by myself....where there is a will there is a way! Thanks Chris and Ang for inviting us!
The rest of this week has been getting Spencer ready to leave for 10 days for scout camp. SIGH.... As I sit and reflect on this I am truly humbled by all the outpouring of love from everyone to help make this possible. My amazing brother in law has graciously agreed to go and be there with Spencer. Please understand, Ed finished school TODAY, and leaves TOMORROW to be there for Spencer. I have to admit it's because I am worried about things that could trigger things for Spencer since Steve was with him last year. So thank you Ed for giving up the first part of your summer to be there for us. Thank you Susie for letting him go as I know this cuts into your time too.
Now another amazing thing...Spencer will be earning some merit badges while at camp. One of the prerequisites was for him to catch a fish, fillet, cook and eat a fish. I HATE FISH!!! So I don't have a clue how to fillet or cook it, and would not dare eat it...YUCK! So Linda stepped up to the plate and helped accomplish this task....Thank you a ton Linda for this...you saved me!




Now many other people will be writing to Spencer while at camp, others praying for them... and some will travel on Sunday to be with him for Scout Sunday. Thank you to everyone...no task is to small to help comfort me as well as Spencer during this time.
So while Spencer is out of town, the girls will play...I think shopping is in order as well as a pedicure. We might even sneak in some ice cream. I even get to go and have dinner with my sister...what a treat...excellent dinner for sure...love eating at their house.
Ok so I know we are only a week into summer, but I am trying to stay upbeat and positive and not let things get me down. So if you think I might enjoy something...call me...I might surprise you as I surprised myself and do something spur of the moment.

My thoughts are with Spencer. I was thinking this morning how last year Steve and I sat on the curb together and chatted while we waited for everyone to get there. He was such an amazing man, Melissa. I was blessed to have him touch my life in the little way he did. Spencer will do great. Especially with Uncle Ed:). Chin up. You are an amazing mom and so much stronger than you give yourself credit for!
ReplyDeleteAng
You could always take a road trip to Indiana to visit your Indiana cousins if you are looking for something to do this summer! We have plenty of room for you to stay here & we can keep you busy for a few days. :-)
ReplyDeleteJanet