Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Frustration...

I have to start out saying that we have been truly blessed with all the love and support we have been given since Steve passed away. I could write pages upon pages about the out pouring of love that we have felt, and maybe one day I will do that. But today, I want to share with you a few that have not been so loving.

As I stated before in a much earlier post one of my biggest frustrations came with Sprint, the company in Steve worked for for many years. One of the incidences I did not write about is the following. A letter came addressed to Steve a week after his passing stating he needed to call a number as there had been some negotiations going on and that he was to receive some money dealing with his 4o1K he had with Sprint. So I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a very rude and uncaring woman. She would not tell me the amount, but gave me a list of things I needed to provide in order to get the money....death certificate, my mom's hair sample, blood, my right arm....ok so that is a little extreme, but I kid you not it was a list of 10 or more things...just what a widow wants to do right after the death of her husband. I questioned her on what would happen to the money if I did not send these things. She told me that a check would come to Steve for the amount...WHAT???? Why didn't you tell me this 5 minutes into the conversation so that we could be finished. Problem solved, check made out to him, deposit it and move on...I am in charge of his affairs. So yesterday I received that check in the mail. I was so shocked!!! Shocked because it was only for $1.34 and yes there is a decimal in there. So they wanted me to send a certified death certificate that cost me $13 for this money..Dumb, stupid people. I know there are rules and regulations, but come on...



So you see everyone needs a little grace in their life. You never know what someone may be going through. So maybe I should have given these people a little more grace, but, I guess you get what you give some times...

No comments:

Post a Comment