Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Why did this happen to me?

As I sit here I am sad...Sad because it is my first birthday without Steve, sad because I am turning 40...the age in which he died. I often "Google" quotes in hopes that one might make me feel better or at least make me think a little deeper. Tonight, I found one...it seems to fit perfectly.

"We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”

There has been much sorrow in my life lately, that I do not deny, however, there has been great joy too.... There is a lesson in all of this, I am just not privy to this information at the rate I wish it would occur. All in God's time. So on my birthday eve, I truly want to stop and say "Why did this happen to me?" and be speaking about all the joyous things that are happening in my life.

A few joyous things in my life right now:

1. Three beautiful and amazing children-they are what keeps me going, and going and going. :)
2. Family..where would I be without all of your love and support and prayers
3. Friends..thank you for being there in those day to day trials and for helping pull me through
4. Church...simply AMAZING!
5. Starbuck's Peppermint Hot Chocolate YUM-O!
6. Birthday surprises
7. Sami singing Happy birthday to me..warms my heart
8. Sydney giving me a hug and a kiss when I need it most
9. Spencer saying "5683U" a code used between the two of us
10. Life---Eventually we learn the beauty of the mosaic of life....taking the pieces and creating a whole new picture with what we have in front of us. The resulting image will not be the same, but it can be perfect none the less.

God is good, and He will remain by my side and help me to see Why this happened to me...the sad and the joyous things. May God bless you and help you to pause and see the joyous things in your life.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, Happy Birthday! Second, you are a true inspiration! This passage from the bible always seems to help me through:

    My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue. The strength to keep going must be allowed to finish its work. Then you will be all you should be. You will have everything you need. (James 1:2-4)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are simply amazing! God is truly using you as an inspiration to others. You are beautiful inside and out. I pray that God will ease your pain on this journey you are on. You have taught me to look at things differently. I try to see the happiness and joy in even the smallest things. And not to get irritated or angry over things that just really don't matter. God bless you Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a true inspiration to me and many others. Thank you for your beautiful words. You truly have a gift of writing. I hope that you find many other joys today that may ease some of the pain and sorrow you are feeling. Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete