Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Here we go again....


For those of you who do not know, Spencer has Osteopenia...low bone density. About 4 weeks ago he was tripped and fractured his right wrist. I being "Mom of the Year" didn't take him in for a week as I truly thought it was a sprain. Then on Monday he fell at recess and you guessed it...broke the left wrist. So today, cast number one came off and right wrist went into a splint, and cast number two went onto the left wrist. I can only assume that in 4 weeks we will be a proud owner of a splint for the left wrist. This is break #9 for Spencer, but we hadn't had a break in 2 years...so I thought we were doing good....well we WERE. Oh well...


Sam goes tomorrow for her "check up" since starting her diet. I am saying a prayer that they will have some ways to "tweak" the diet so she will become seizure free. I am fine with the progress that she is making and I am remaining optimistic!

Sydney, well she is doing just great. She just finished her soccer season and I must say this by far has been her best season EVER!

Even through all of my trials and tribulations I see how truly blessed I am. Sure I have days where I am sad and I cry and I would rather stay in bed. There are days that my brain is still in a fog and I am confused about everything, but when it comes right down to it, I am blessed. I am blessed for so many reasons but one is that Steve picked me.....ME to be his wife and because of that I have 3 very beautiful blessings to carry on in Steve's honor. So yes my plate is full, but I AM BLESSED!

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness! Saying lots of prayers for you guys. One for sweet Sammi and her doctor's appointment! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 years is good...Don't worry when Chris was kid I think the same thing. His mom didn't take him in for about a week and it was BROKEN!! Everyone has that "mom of the year" moment Ha!! I hope all goes well with Sami! Let us know of course. Thinking of yall! HUGS and KISSES

    ReplyDelete