Those simple words that mean so much. If you attend my church you understand what "he was generous" is all about. For those of you who don't/can't attend I would suggest listening to the sermon on line. It will take a few days for them to get it uploaded, but here is the link:
http://www.every1church.org/sermons/listen/
I thought it would be nice to read any thoughts you have about how Steve was generous in your life. This quote fits him perfectly!

Melissa,
ReplyDeleteSteve was so generous to Logan and me with his time and car knowledge. I loved how he would drop everything when I had a car issue. He came out to Greenwood/Raintree Price Chopper one night to help us with my van when we were broken down and stranded. He couldn't fix it right there on the spot, so he told us to have it towed to your house and then he fixed it for us in your garage. He wouldn't let us pay him anything for all his time spent....we so appreciated all his help! We miss him....Logan and Shelli
Steve was so generous with his knowledge about so many things. I can't even begin to guess the number of times he talked with me about running and biking, with me probably gabbing on and on. The thing I realize now is that after his knee surgery he couldn't run anymore and could have been very unwilling to talk about. I know how much he loved and missed it but he willingly spent time talking about it with me. I miss those conversations and I miss him.
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteI don't think I ever had a conversation with Steve at rehearsals during which he didn't express care and concern for someone, and it was often for his family, especially Sam! While I never took him up on this, early on Steve told me that if I ever needed a hand with anything at my house to just let him know--he said that he knew I lived alone and there was bound to be something that needed done that would take an extra set of hands. He was just a wonderful person and friend.
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteMy perspective dates back many years ago when we were all in college. Steve was the "natural" paraprofessional staff member in the residence hall community. Always warm, kind, and engaging in many ways. And that wicked sense of humor and his pranks - he was very generous in his pranks with his fellow RA's and even his hall director (ahem). I don't think any of us escaped a Steve Gouldsmith prank in the hall. Let's just say a few of those Steve G pranks have been replicated in my career over the years. *grin*
You are blessed, Melissa, to have spent some amazing years with Steve and he's created a legacy for many to emulate and follow. I think of you often and hope our paths cross soon.
--Brian Tenclinger
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteSteve did so many generous things throughout his life for so many people. I've had a different experience with his generousity. Before his passing, I was very angry, didn't feel God in my life, was looking at other churches. I just felt hopeless. The day of the accident, my heart was hurting so bad. I felt the need to go to the 530 service. From that moment on, every sermon has moved me. Filling my heart with the love of God. Making each day count. Every part of my life was falling apart. Now, I'm able to help others get through their life struggles. Giving them advise. Breaking down walls, mending fences. I'm growing in faith. I could just go on and on. I'm still working hard on being the person God plans me to be. I just know Steve is helping me along the way. Thank you Steve. God is now where He should be.