Sunday, September 12, 2010

Waffles

Interesting title huh? Who would have ever thought that waffles could make a person cry? This morning Spencer was making himself breakfast and he pulled out of the freezer a bag of waffles. Now these weren't just your ordinary waffles you see...These were Steve's waffles. Steve LOVED and I mean LOVED waffles. I on the other hand am not a huge fan of waffles...not because I don't like the taste, but I cannot stand the smell of them cooking. It's not the waffles themselves cooking, but the oil on the waffle maker I can't stand. So why would waffles make me cry, I mean besides the obvious that Steve made them. It reminded me of all the little things he did to make me happy. You see, he would set up the waffle maker on the screened in porch in order to keep the smell out of the house. Those little things that he did, that I truly did not appreciate until it was too late. So today, take a moment and find something that someone does for you just because they love you and care and thank them...no matter how small that may be.

One more thing, waffles also reminds me of all the movies that Steve would quote, and boy he could quote many...see if you can guess what movie this comes from "And in the morning we will make waffles." Take time to appreciate life and all that it encompasses.

4 comments:

  1. Just so you know, every time my husband does some little thing that annoys me, I stop and hear your words. To appreciate everything he does for me and get past the small, unimportant things.

    Thanks for last night, I had a great time at the show and also just sitting and talking. I am going to come organize something at your house soon. You don't even have to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete