I have always been an on the go type of person, but since Steve's passing I truly find the most comforting place is at home. Truly if I am not at work or running the kids to their activites then I want to be at home, as there is just a sense of peace here. On Friday I dropped by the funeral home to pick up more thank you notes and also got to pick up Steve. It made it all so final. When Spencer and Sydney got home from school I asked if they wanted to see his ashes and Sydney said she did not. Spencer said he wanted to look at them on Father's Day. They truly amaze me with their thinking. Sydney at one point said she did not want to bury the ashes because if we ever moved we couldn't take him with us. Their perspective is truly amazing.
After Steve passed my sister Kim shared with us that she was expecting. I cannot tell you how happy this made my heart in all the sadness that we were facing at the time. However, early this morning Kim suffered a miscarriage and I am grieving yet another loss. It truly makes me think how much more can I take? The only comfort I can hold on to is that my dear sweet husband has embraced this baby in his arms and is going to take care of this precious soul that we never got to meet. Please keep my sister Kim and her husband Vance and son Gregory in your prayers as they cope with this loss. I love you Kim and wish I could take all your pain away.

I love your children. They really do have a great vision of life. We all will be thinking about y'all as well as Kim's family.
ReplyDeleteYour children have wonderful perspectives! It is such a hard decision to make I am sure. To hear their thoughts and feelings at such a young age is truly a gift. My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and her family as well as you and yours.
ReplyDelete