Sunday, September 26, 2010

Like Father/Like Son

I truly have been on a roller coaster of emotions this weekend. It's been eight weeks since Steve passed, eight weeks...at times it seems like 8 months or 8 years and at times it feels like 8 minutes, 8 hours, or 8 days...not 8 weeks. I can remember reading an email about how the passing of time can mean such different things to people and now I am living just that. I worry about when I will stop counting the weeks and what that will mean.


Spencer was asked to play in a drumline during our church service this weekend. Oh how proud I was...he was so nervous, but truly he did an outstanding job. It was also heart wrenching because it made me realize that he and Steve never got to play together....something I know that Steve would have loved, as well as Spencer. I know that he was smiling down on Spencer today.


Love the hand motion in this one... caught in the act. Thanks to all who came out to support us.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gouldsmiths! Know that each one of you is an inspiration to celebrate life and love every day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer was amazing at the service. I loved listening to him play!

    ReplyDelete