I just so wish that I could find the reverse button and redo so much of my life. Today we met and planned Steve's service, while it was very difficult, it was very comforting to hear all the wonderful stories about him. Steve truly was an amazing man. He did more in his short 40 years than most do in a life time. I wanted to share with you how my pastor described what happened to Steve. Jim very gently said that many have the vision of Steve falling from the tree, but really that is not the end of the story, you see God was there catching him. How true that is. I hate the fact that we are having to celebrate Steve's life, as I would rather have him here with me, however, the service that has been planned will truly HONOR him and that brings so much peace and comfort to my heart. I truly do not know where I would be without my faith. Knowing I will see Steve again brings great comfort to me, I just wish I had a little more time here on earth with him. My hope that you will make this world a better place, be kinder than usual and love openly, reach out to someone you normally wouldn't...don't merely exist, but live.
Dear Steve,
I will truly start to live and continue the legacy that you have left for our children. I have been truly amazed by all the love and support from all the people that you have touch. What an amazing man you were. Thanks for picking me to travel on this journey of life...even it was shorter than anticipated. I could not have asked for a better partner in life! Thanks for all the memories.
Love you lot, lot, lot,
Meliss

Melissa,
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing person. Someone to look up to.
I am here for you.
~Teresa Feagans
Mrs. Gouldsmith,
ReplyDeleteYou are the kind of person, that inspires me. A kind hearted woman, with such strength, and devotion. You and your family touch the lives of many.
You are such an amazing person, words cannot describe.
I pray that God give you the strength and endurance, to over come this ordeal.
Love you Gouldsmith Family. May God and Steve watch over you all.
Love,
Brugger/ Fox family
I love the way your pastor put it. It really is true! You are such a strong woman and your children will be just as strong because of both you and Steve. Always thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteMy heart has ached since hearing of your loss. Thank you for sharing yourself and being such an inspiration to your church family and so many others during this difficult time. I pray that you will allow your church family to share your burdens and reach out to others. Our time on earth is but a drop in the ocean and your family's story will continue to be a reminder to all of us. Hold on to God's words, For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jer. 29:11.) You are in our daily thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI am taking your advice, Love openly.... That is very difficult for me and often it is hard to show my emotions. Don't just exist, but live.... I love that also. Steve's death is impacting so many and I know God is using his life to touch and change lives.
ReplyDeleteDear Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI'm a stranger to you but do attend the Church. (Not as often as we should -hence why you don't me) I did want to reach out to you and let you know your story has deeply saddened me, I wish I could take some of the pain away from you and your children. My family is similar to your's age/children and my greatest fear is losing one of them. I have been reading your blog and you are such a beautiful writer and amazing lady. I can't tell you how inspiring you are and how strong you are being. You have no choice but continue to be a Mom and continue Steve's legacy and you are doing it with grace and determimation. I'm learning much from you. Thank you for keeping up with your blog.....I think it's helping everyone.
Love
Ms Zaun.
Susanne and Lindsey James-
ReplyDeleteMelissa, your strength during this incredible time is inspiring to us. Lindsey is praying for Spenser and the girls. As a family, we have reaffirmed our love to each other because of your advice. We will continue to pray for you and your family.