

With the quiet time on my hands there are so many things that run through my head. One of them being how often times when we are married that we don't share the good things that our spouses do for us...we often complain what they did or didn't do...which often gives off the wrong perspective of the person that we truly love and admire. Why do we do that? Is it because if we say that our spouse put the kids to bed, made dinner, did the laundry or various other little tasks that it comes across as bragging? I know that Steve knew that I loved him with all my heart, but if there is one thing that I could go back and undo, it would be the times that I would complain about Steve when I was frustrated. I wish I would have bragged about him a little more often. You see I truly don't know of a more loving and devoted husband and father than Steve. He truly put us first above everything else and I didn't always see that and for that I am truly sorry. So do me a favor...when you are around me...brag, --brag about your spouse, appreciate all the little things that they do to try and make your life a little easier and brighter. If we stay focused on the positive think how much happier we all would be.

Melissa, I thought of you when the weather reported that a microburst had moved through Lee's Summit. I am so glad the children have associated something positive to a storm in relation to their Dad. Please know that your request had already floated through my mind. I am the queen of sarcasm and my husband if often the target :-) Since reading your first blog entry after Steve's death, I have been very mindful to encourage and brag instead of always zooming in on the shortcomings...thanks for the reminder. I hope that as each day passes, some things get easier. If there is anything another IDC mom can do for you, please ask, yours, Holly Palacio
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, but my son used to go to Woodland and I have heard what an awesome person and teacher you are. I am truly amazed at your strength and courage everytime I read your blog and I will take your advice. Thank you for sharing and I will prayfor you and your little ones.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how difficult it must be for you...there will be so many "firsts" now in the upcoming days, weeks, months...but I know, just from reading your words, that you have a wonderful strength and that you will get through it all with grace and courage. Prayers coming your way for you and the children....
ReplyDeleteMelissa, Keep writing.It's good for us all. Your words of wisdom are encouraging and a testimate to your faith. You have a gift-no doubt. You and the kids are in my prayers. Don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING. Kim C.
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. Allen works so hard for our family, I never give him enough credit. Your writing is beautiful and I truly am inspired by what you say.
Prayers,
Steph
Melissa, reading your posts brings tears to my eyes. You speak the truth about staying positive about our spouses. I do try to stay focused on the good things my husband does and most always tell him. It has helped us grow to a connected partnership. Thank you for inspiring others in your time of grief. God Bless you and your children. JoAnn Greer
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these inner most thoughts. We continue to pray for peace and comfort for your family. How true that most of the time people spend time complaining about their spouse rather than being positive and praising them in their efforts. I will try my best to always remember these words. Remember, we are neighbors and I would truly be happy to help if I can. In Christ,
Melanie Olson-Cox
Melissa - I've not met you, but my sister lives in Lee's Summit has/had children at Woodland. She forwarded us your blog and asked our family to keep you in our prayers. I've checked on you regularly through your blog. Words alone cannot express how your walk has impacted ours. Please know that we are praying for you and also know that as you walk each day, I am encouraged to look at my own walk in light of what God is doing through your lives. Thank you for your transparent journey. Thank you for being a vessel to minister to me to love my husband and to focus on the good and wonderful things! I will continue to pray for you all. God bless you - as only He can! Your sister in Christ because of Calvary - and because of His divine plans!
ReplyDeleteSuzanne