
So it was hard for me to decide where to start when it comes to blogging...so I decided that I would start with a brief update of my family...the 5 of us. Therefore, I am starting where it started, with my dear sweet husband. Steve and I have been married for 15 years, I can't believe it has been 15 years, it seems just like yesterday that we started dating. We have been through and accomplished so much in these 15 years. We started down "our" path with our careers. Steve was climbing the corporate ladder and I was teaching full time while going to school. I was completing my Masters in School Administration. You see I had high aspirations, I wanted to become a principal and then eventually a superintendent. Well long story short, Gods plans were way different, He sent us one of our very first blessings, Spencer. He arrived in December right before Christmas, what a perfect gift. It was then that my career path changed, I knew that being a mom was the most important job that God had given me. I was discussing how big of a struggle this was for me and a coworker of mine suggested we go part time so we could enjoy being the moms we wanted, yet also having that adult interaction that teaching provides. Three short years later Sydney joined our family in February. In November, Steve decided to leave the corporate world and do some soul searching. He looked at purchasing a franchise, working for Lowes, and many other opportunities. Again, God had his hand in this, Steve started a business of his own and works from home now. This was a huge adjustment for me, especially during the summer when all of us were at home. I didn't realize then how blessed we were to have him work from home. Sami joined us in October of 2005. This is where Steve working from home came into play. Sami is developmentally delayed which requires that she attends a special school that is about 35 minutes from our house. You see in 2008 I had to return to teaching full time,I did so with a very heavy heart. Because of medical issues with Spencer and Sami, this was the only choice our family had because of insurance, or should I say affordable insurance. Steve now takes Sami to school and spends the days with her, while working his business part-time. I am so blessed. This has created such an awesome bond between the two of them. God has taught us so many lessons through this experience. Sure we have had our struggles, but I truly think this has been to our benefit, it has brought us closer together and made us realize that as long as we stand together we can accomplish anything.

Love it...you did a super job!!
ReplyDelete