I never have been an analogy type person, but today for some reason I am. I can remember when I was in first grade and my sister Kim and I went for a bike ride with some friends of ours. I had a horrible wreck. I was skinned up from head to toe. I remember my mom cleaning up my cuts and putting on band aids. But one of the main things that I remember, and sorry if this grosses you out... but as those cuts began to heal I would peel back the scab and watch the cut bleed a little...oh yes, my mother warned me this would cause scaring. Today, a scab in my life was peeled back. I had taken Sam back to the orthopedic doctor to have her foot recheck. She broke it in June of 2012....and we have been in and out of a cast and boot ever since. I had a gut feeling that the x-rays were going to reveal a break, and I was correct on my assumption. Now don't get me wrong, being told it was still broken and that she will need surgery did not peel back that scab. No, not at all...it was the fact that I had to make a decision about our child by myself. The whole dang scab was ripped from the wound and I was alone with no one to put a band aid on it.....does it ever completely heal and form a scar, I guess time will tell.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Band Aid Please
I never have been an analogy type person, but today for some reason I am. I can remember when I was in first grade and my sister Kim and I went for a bike ride with some friends of ours. I had a horrible wreck. I was skinned up from head to toe. I remember my mom cleaning up my cuts and putting on band aids. But one of the main things that I remember, and sorry if this grosses you out... but as those cuts began to heal I would peel back the scab and watch the cut bleed a little...oh yes, my mother warned me this would cause scaring. Today, a scab in my life was peeled back. I had taken Sam back to the orthopedic doctor to have her foot recheck. She broke it in June of 2012....and we have been in and out of a cast and boot ever since. I had a gut feeling that the x-rays were going to reveal a break, and I was correct on my assumption. Now don't get me wrong, being told it was still broken and that she will need surgery did not peel back that scab. No, not at all...it was the fact that I had to make a decision about our child by myself. The whole dang scab was ripped from the wound and I was alone with no one to put a band aid on it.....does it ever completely heal and form a scar, I guess time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I hope the first time is the hardest. I pray Sam will heal fast after her surgery. Your post help me understand what widows go through and I hope by reading them I am a better friend to my friend who has lost her husband less than a yr ago. Thank you and may God continue to bless your family.
ReplyDelete