Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Spencer is 14 on 12-12-12





Fourteen years ago we had a surprise ....well an early surprise. Spencer arrived 3 weeks early and we weren't prepared. Linda had just perfected the nursery for us, I had finished thank you notes and then I couldn't sleep.... I woke up Steve and he timed my contractions but thought it was false labor because we still had 3 weeks before the baby should  arrived and we had finals to get through. We were both working on our Masters. Well Spencer has proven time and time again he waits for nothing.

14 things I love about Spencer....

1.  His beautiful blue eyes he inherited from his dad
2. The quirky sense of humor he loves to share with everyone.
3. His sense for adventure.... How can sky diving be on his bucket list?
4. Determination to see things through
5. Willingness to try new things
6. His strong sense of faith and his willingness to share it with others.
7. Giving nothing but his best at everything he does
8. His love for family and the understanding the importance of being there for them always.
9. The way he adores Sam and sees the world from a different viewpoint because of her
10. His ability to annoy Sydney yet be the over protective big brother because of his love for her.
11. His ability to make me laugh at almost any situation because of his positive outlook.
12. How truly gets the big picture in life and understands that there is so much more to life than "things".
13. His ability to know that while his dad is not with us, that is dad will always be with us because of his understanding of what God has done for us.
14. His ability to set long range goals and chase them with determination and persistence.

Spencer you truly amaze me. I am so proud to call you my son. I thank God for giving you to us each and every day. Love you to Neptune and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER! I've missed your blog posts Melissa... The photos on your Christmas Card this year were fantastic by the way. I think of you guys often and you're ALWAYS in our prayers.

    Merry Christmas to you guys...

    Chris Hagan

    ReplyDelete