Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Sam!

Seven years ago God entrusted Steve and I to this sweet soul, changing our lives forever.  I remember the day clearly.  There were some complications with her birth and she spent 4 days in the NICU.  It was a whirlwind time at the hospital and we were so thankful that we finally got to bring her home.  I still remember vividly my 8 pound baby in the the NICU...she was  moose compared to most of those babies...



With birthday tradition I am sticking with my norm....

The "7" things I love about Sam....


1.  Her shirt says it all... Sam is always full of smiles...no matter what...
2.  Her laugh is intoxicating
3.  Her love for life..she finds pure happiness in everything
4.  Calling everyone and everything a "good girl"
5.  Her excitement for school....well it's because of the bus...but she loves school too.
6.  The way she plays the guitar...air guitar that is...She LOVES music!
7.  The way she faces each and every challenge with her happy go lucky attitude

Never did I imagine what our life would be like today 7 years ago....Yes, our life has been challenging but truly I am blessed, blessed beyond belief.  Sam has taught us so much in these 7 years that many will never have the privilege of learning.  While at times I feel like I could have a degree in neurology and orthopedics, Sam has taught us to be patient and to trust in God's plan.

 
Happy Birthday Sweet Sam!




2 comments:

  1. I agree with all 7 things!! My favorite things are her SMILE and that Laugh oh that laugh!! Love you all and hope Sami's day was as vibrant as she is always!!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late but I hope your Birthday was fantastic... Knowing your Mom and the family you have, I'm certain your Birthday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete