
I truly have tried my best not to play the "my husband died" card as it makes people feel uncomfortable. But tonight I did...I was at Kohl's purchasing a few things and the sales person asked me not once but FOUR times if I wanted to open a Kohl's charge card...the first 3 times I said no thank you and by the fourth time, I let her have it.
I played the card.
I just wanted her to stop bothering me about opening a credit card with her. So I told her that I don't do credit cards as I am trying to track where my money goes and credit cards are dangerous. I then went on to explain that my husband had died a little over a year ago so it was up to me now to attend to the finances so I did not want her stupid credit card. It didn't stop there...she said "oh did he die of cancer?" Ummm...really, does it make a difference? I still don't want your stupid credit card..it doesn't really matter HOW he died, it is the fact that I am now the SOLE person responsible for the money that comes and goes from my household...so leave me alone already!
So as I type this I think of Kenny Rogers song "The Gambler".
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done
I bet the poor Kohl's lady wished that I would not have played my card and that I would have walked away....but sometimes people push you too far...

No comments:
Post a Comment