Life is all about decisions and having to live with the consequences of them. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, just all depends on how you look at the situation.
Today would have been Steve's 42nd birthday. Man that is hard to type, would have.....
So today, I have some choices to make on how to celebrate this wonderful man. While my heart is still in a million and one pieces, I have decided we will celebrate all that he encompassed as a person. While there will be tears, I am choosing to surround myself with some of the people that loved him the most and talk and laugh about him. There seems to be great comfort in talking about him and hearing about him from others.....as this shows he is not forgotten.
So while this is my choice, I know that not everyone who has lost a loved one can celebrate and that is ok. We all grieve in different ways. I try to stay focused on who and what he stood for and what he meant to us, as I think that is very important for myself as well as my children, and celebrate him as a person.
So Happy Birthday Steve! We love and miss you!

Good for you Melissa! Honestly you continue to inspire us all. You're an amazing woman!
ReplyDeleteSteve was always there to help other people, and he was a great help to me in College. He would often times call into my radio show on KXCV at Northwest to help me get practice talking to a live person on-air. Every once in a while he would joke with me on-air by saying he was calling from Iowa or Nebraska when he was really calling from his room in Dieterich Hall on Campus. Steve, always the joker!
Happy Birthday Steve! We all miss you.
I really only knew Steve from a part of the Praise Team. But from that I could joke with him, he was patient and understanding. Also trying to keep us "yappers" in line. He had an awesome smile. A light in his eyes. And was filled with joy and love for so many. His legacy will never leave this earth, long after we are all gone, what he's done for so many will always be remembered! Miss you so Steve! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeletePeace,
Karie Ross