Monday, July 4, 2011
The Last of the firsts....
So today was the last of the first holidays that we have spent without Steve, which means we are coming closer and closer to the one year anniversary. There are times that I can't believe that we have survived almost a year. The next big hurdle before we get to the one year anniversary...July 16th...what would have been our 17th wedding anniversary. Please know that I am full aware that come August 1st it is still going to be difficult and just because we passed the one year mark does not mean it will become easier. I am proud of how far we have come together, but know that we will fall back now and then, but little steps forward are still good progress. Please continue to pray for us these next few weeks as they will for sure be a roller coaster ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You guys are doing great and you are always in my prayers. And as you are well aware ocassionally more in my thoughts at times(always there but more at times). Love you and your family, little sis(I mean younger).
ReplyDeleteHugs and Kisses,
Kim
I've said it before...you are amazing. The 4 of you have been through so much since Steve's passing. I think of you everyday, and I pray you all will continue moving forward in Steve's name. As you know, I'm here.
ReplyDeleteKarie
Just wanted to let you know there are many many people thinking and praying for you and the kids as your year long journey comes to an end before another begins...although no outward signs are visible of that at times. This month has and will continue to be a winding road of emotions for you but I am truly amazed with each blog you write (yes I have read every single one and am usually in tears by the end and remain more thankful for the things around me in part because of them) at the depth of your love for Steve and your unwavering commitment to honor his memory when at times it would be much easier to have given up. Thinking of you all...Debbi
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteDebbi said it perfectly. I too look for your blog entries and read them all. It's so hard to find the right words to say but please know that you and the kids are always in our prayers. I think it is very safe to say that many people find strength in what your write...
*I'm still learning how to use all this blog stuff and I'm still quite the rookie at it... LOL!!! I goofed and spelled something incorrectly so tried to fix it and hit delete so hopefully I didn't mess anything up. Anyway, thinking of you often and hope all is well. Stay strong Melissa, you're an inspiration to us all.
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteMeant to add Davis after Debbi... :-) You probably know more than one Debbi I would imagine! Take care! ps I too am not versed in how to use this blog thing when signing these! :-( But have spent much time digesting yours for various, personal reasons and just to keep up with how you are doing when our paths haven't crossed in a while...
Continue to think of you and the kids daily and pray for you nightly. I just want you to know I care. Mike and I continue to reminise about Steve and their good times together. Can't believe it has almost been one year...
ReplyDeleteMike is still wanting to take one of Steve's bike gloves on RAGBRAI with him to honor him and so Steve can ride on with him again. Do you think you could mail it up here?? Mike would sure appreciate that.
I'm not on Facebook anymore (Mike isn't either) so just email if you need you need me.
sarabrinker@gmail.com
Lots of love. Sara
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and remembering the both of you on this day. Steve was so funny during practice, I remember that he actually lit the candles and then after practice he replaced them all so they were perfect for Melissa for the ceremony. Everyone got a good laugh out of that. Then he actually had pieces of tape on the floor where all the groomsmen were suppose to stand. Brinker just looked at Steve and chuckled but it was a very typical "Steve" thing to do. There are so many lives that are better in this world because we had the pleasure of knowing Steve. Our thoughts, prayers and hearts are with you Melissa.
Thinking of you,
Chris