Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Phone Calls....

The kids and I set out Sunday afternoon to go and visit my parents and sister for a few days in Oklahoma. After arriving my sister Laura and Kim both talked with their husbands to let them know they had arrived safely. It was then that it hit hard that I had no one to call and let know I had arrived safely. Typically on Spring Break the kids and I would visit my parents while Steve stayed home and worked on tax preparations....but this year, I was alone and had no one to call.

On Monday evening I had a dream...a glorious and wonderful dream. Steve called me in my dream. He told me he missed me and that he was sorry all of this had happened, but most of all he told me that he was ok. I told him that I had refinanced the house, bought a new car and that I had gotten the tax stuff sent off to Brinker already. He told me he was happy I bought the car as he wanted the kids and I to be safe. He then said "hate to cut this short, but I have a committee meeting to get to". Makes me smile to think of it right now...that last comment is SO Steve.

Not too long ago I posted this comment on Facebook "Some days all I wish is that heaven had a phone"...Thank you Lord for allowing the call to go through...It has brought so much peace to my heart.

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful...that you heard from Steve and that you got to enjoy the family. Every day I am amazed at the strength you gain. We are all proud of you and happy you and the kiddos can ride around safe. Enjoy the last bit of spring break! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melissa! I hope you found comfort in that dream! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't know me, but I follow your blog after a friend of mine told me that you were such an inspiration!!! anyway, I have had only 2 AMAZING dreams like this in my life from lost loved ones and when I say they are AMAZING, I mean it! I truly believe that this is a visit of some sort from heaven. There is no other way to explain how you feel when you wake up and the conversations and communication is crazy real! I am so happy you had this happen and that you know he is with you. Happy St Pats Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I have many dreams of my mom telling me wonderful things too that make my heart smile in a way it hasn't since she was on Earth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, God is working through you to help heal many others. Thank you for your strength and your weaknesses. I get scared sometimes because I don't want to go through this. I know no one does. With my Mom being sick, I read what you say and pray God stays by me and that I don't move so I can lean on him the same way. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puts a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. God has blessed you with a moment you will always remember. Showing us just one more reason you are such an amazing woman.
    Karie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible dream.....Just what you needed! Your such a strong woman~ You forgot to tell Steve that you are getting ready to redecorate your living room....just a reminder~ :)
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa,

    Everyone is right... You're an inspiration to us all. You should seriously think about writing a book. "A Bigger Plate Please" by Melissa Gouldsmith. Sounds like a best seller to me.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally think you should write a book!!! You are an inspiration and I am just so in awe of your strength and you have always been so incredible in dealing with details that I am not surprised everything thing is running smoothly for the most part. I love you and think of you often.

    Tracy kunkel

    ReplyDelete