Reaching out and helping people in need is such an awesome human characteristic that so many people have. I have been fortunate to see such a wonderful side of mankind. While I would love to write thank you notes for each and every simple act of kindness that has been shown towards the kids and myself, I truly think there would never be an end to writing them...how blessed we are. So instead I thought I would create a small list of things that have been done to show the love that God wants us to show others.
- Meals, meals and more meals
- House work
- Yard work
- Cleaning out the gutters
- Porch repairs
- Tax preparation
- Hanging out with the kids and playing the Wii, even if you do turn into a snowball
- Calling to see if I need bacon from Costco for Sam's diet
- Sending cards just to say you are still thinking of us
- Reminding me that I have a snow removal person, even though we haven't seen snow.
- Feeding Sam when you are with me, just to give me a break
- Stepping in when you see that I am getting frustrated
- Taking my kids to events with you to give them some special time
- Picking my kids up from school so I can do lesson plans or run errands
- Taking Spencer and Sydney to school so I can get Sam to her school and therapies
- Taking Sam to her school and therapies when I have other obligations
- Decorating
- Organizing the marathon teams
- Texting me just to say you are thinking of us
- Helping fix my car when it needs repaired
- Letting Spencer and Sydney hang out at your house on early release days
- Asking "how are you?" and really meaning it
- Praying, Praying, Praying
- Winterizing my lawn mower...who knew???
- Donations
- Changing my furnace filter
- Being our Secret Santa
- Sending a message of Facebook to make me smile
- Giving us wood for our fireplace so we could carrying on the tradition of a fire on Christmas morning.
- Loving us, through the good and bad times
- Taking Spencer and Sydney to and from their activities to help me out
- Being a listening ear, but understanding when I need to be left alone
- Helping me through the things Steve used to take care of...the trust, will, life insurance, tax questions, banking issues....the list could go on and on.
- Fixing my garbage disposal
- Helping make meals for Sam
- Replacing my kitchen faucet
- Going to the kids doctor appointments with me to have an extra set of ears
- Helping with blood draws with Sam...sigh....
- Buying Sam her special gum because you know how she loves her gum
- Fixing my air conditioning on a 100+ degree day
- Just stopping by and hanging out, no expectations, just sit and hang out
This is just a small list...amazing...but truly what I hope people take away from this is that there are many others like me out there...not just a widow, but a person in need...what can you do to help that person in need?

I'm here for you whatever you need! The kids are always welcome to hang at my house, I can cook you dinner, etc!
ReplyDelete