In honor of Spencer's 12th birthday on 12-12 here are 12 things I LOVE about him....
1. The silly noises he makes with his mouth
2. His bright blue eyes
3. Him using his code of "5638 U"
4. How he adores Sam
5. His willingness to play with Sydney, even if it doesn't interest him
6. His great love for God and the quest to understand and grow in his faith
7. His practical jokes, knock knock jokes and just plain silliness
8. The fact that he always give 110% and wants to do his best at whatever he tackles
9. The way he squeezes my hand when tears suddenly spring to my eyes
10. His tender heart and how quickly he can forgive
11. How he loves to help others
12. How much he looks and reminds me of his dad...sigh....
Spencer as I read through this list it makes me cry for many reasons. One, because you are growing up so quick and I wonder where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday you were dressing up in your snow gear, but only you were a fireman and you were putting out fires in my kitchen. There are so many great memories that I have of you, and truly I am enjoying watching you grow and mature into a wonderful young man. Another reason it makes me cry is because so many things on the list remind me of who your dad was, I am blessed to have a little piece of him here on earth still by having you. Please know that even though your dad is no longer with us physically, that he will always be with us. You are an amazing young man and I want you to know that we have always been proud of you. I love you more than you will ever know. Happy Birthday Buddy!

Happy birthday Spencer!
ReplyDelete