Sunday, January 10, 2010

Doctors, Doctors, and more Doctors


So I call this our Children's Mercy month because both Spencer and Sami have their check ups on their aliments. Steve and I braved the cold and snow on Thursday to embark on our first visit this month. Never did it dawn on either of us that the doctor would not be able to make it in to the hospital. But this truly was a God send for us. You see the doctor that we originally were going to see, there really wasn't a huge connection there. I often left the appointments thinking "why did I even bring Sami??" You see he just looked at the charts and told me his plan of action. Because he couldn't make it in on Thursday, we saw a new doctor. He took the time to interact with Sami and do some simple little tests. He answered some questions that we had contacted the nurse of the 1st doctor NUMEROUS times. So what I thought was going to be a waste of our money because he didn't know the history truly was God intervening. So currently we are waiting on blood levels to come back to see if we will increase the seizure medicine or if we will need to change. Oh one more thing that I liked about this doctor...he wasn't against natural ways to help with the seizures..he said you do what works. We have Sam on a reduced gluten diet and on Omega 3 and have seen some improvement with the seizures and her development. Hard to know the variable that is making the difference but I am not willing to give up either one right now.
Spencer goes in for his bone scan on January 20th. I am hoping that he has maintained the density so he does not have to go back on medicine. Any prayers would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment