Saturday, February 13, 2016

The last year of childhood....

As I got on here to type for Sydney's birthday I realized that I had not written for Spencer's....YIKES. Life has been crazy busy....I need to remember to slow down and savor the moments.  I often catch myself with tears in my eyes thinking about how my time him is getting shorter.  While I know this is the natural process, it doesn't make it any easier.  When you have seen your child grow through so many stages of their lives it is hard to believe that in a short time I am going to have to cut those strings.  I have no doubt he will be successful as he has shown great perseverance in so many ways.So while this is late....I have to share 17 things I love about Spencer Cole....


1.  His quirky sense of humor

2.  The silly things he does to Sam just to make her laugh.

3.  How he torments Sydney but becomes over protective 

4.  Those blue eyes

5.  How he embraces things that are out of his control and makes the best of the situation.
6.  His willingness to help others

7.  How much he looks like his dad......

8.  Money is important, however, realizing that investing now is also important.      
9.  His willingness to help me out when I get in a pinch.
10. How he reminds me that next year is his last before he leaves....BOO!
11. His independence
12. His quite strength
13. Showing God's love to others

14. His spontaneity 

15. That he puts everything he has into his job
16.  The texts I get every morning telling me he loves me and to have a great day.


17.  And that he still hugs me and tells me he loves me


As I type this tears stream down my face...tears of happiness for the man he has become but tears of sadness for the little boy that is no longer with me.  Love you Spencer Cole!  You are an amazing young man!

PS...Sorry this is so late...








No comments:

Post a Comment