Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Camp Wilderness

I left Friday night in hopes to draw some of the 5th and 6th graders at our church a little closer to God. Little did I realize how healing this weekend would be for me. I have to give credit to Stacy Guerrero and her husband for putting all of this together. She has a true passion for this and it shows. We started the weekend off with a meal and the dove right into the details of Holy Week. We spent time in large groups discussing, praising, singing and watching video clips to better understand what Jesus went through. We also met in small groups to have discussions and reflect of how this affects us. There were many fun activities planned and some down time for the kids too. It truly was fun just hanging out with these kids.


Crab walk race...truly thinking I might have broken my thumb I was going so fast...


Dodge ball...the groups favorite activity...I was just the photographer...


Spencer and Jesus at "The Last Supper"



The meal served at "The Last Supper"

I think it hit me the hardest when we went to "The Last Supper". To know that HE died for me, Melissa Gouldsmith, was almost more than I could handle. The pain and sacrifices He made for each one of us is unfathomable. How truly blessed I am that He made that sacrifice, for if He had not, I am not sure where I would be in this grieving process. But knowing that one day I will see Steve again, brings a little peace to my heart. How thankful I am for HIS sacrifice.

It was also a great weekend for me to just to get to hang out with Spencer and watch him grow in his faith. To see the light go on that he truly gets it was a wonderful moment as a mom! Love that kid!



Please try and pause each day this week...this Holy Week and remember what HE has done for each and everyone of us. And as always, if you are ever wanting a place to come and worship you are always welcome at The Summit. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment