Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 4 and counting...

We are still here, but just waiting to see the doctor. We have our fingers and toes crossed we will be able to go home. Blood draw this morning went ok, still not her favorite thing. Her blood sugar was low....42...way low. Once she ate it came back up. We are battling meals here but I think it is mostly because we aren't in a familiar setting.

Thought I would include a link about the diet as I have had many questions. One of the questions I have had is about weight gain. The diet calculates only a portion(80% typically) of her normal calorie intake so she is burning the calories she eats. Another question has been about her cholesterol, while it is possible for it to increase, monthly labs will be draw, and again because she isn't eating all the normal calorie intake she burns much of what is eaten.

Here is the link. http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/answerplace/medical/treatment/diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment